Motus Nova Showcased As A Cutting-Edge Innovator Revolutionizing At-Home Neurorehabilitation
At American Society Of Neurorehabilitation (ASNR) 2021 Virtual Symposium
Presents commercial application of novel neurotherapeutics as well as evidence for exergame technology and telerehabilitationNews Provided By Motus Nova 8th Apr, 21
Motus Nova LLC, a global leader in evidence-based neurorehabilitation and telehealth, proved they are revolutionizing
the healthcare system at the ASNR 2021 symposium.
Motus Nova’s Director of Clinical Research, Dr. Nick Housley, PT, DPT, PhD, co-hosted the symposium on April 6, 2021 titled, “Virtual rehabilitation, exergames and tele-rehabilitation: Untangling terminology, evidence, efficacy and application to practice.” In 2017, Motus Nova developed at-home upper extremity and lower extremity tele-rehab systems called the Motus Hand and the Motus Foot. According to Dr. Housley, these tele-rehab systems act as “technological workforce multipliers,” delivering high-quality repetitive task practice guided by AI. By amplifying magnitude of therapy dosage completed, stroke survivors can complete more effective repetitive task practice in less time. Dr. Housley was joined by a panel of experts including:
- Preeti Raghaven, MBBS, Associate Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Judith Deutch, PhD, Professor of Physical Therapy, Department of Rehabilitation, Rutgers University, Newark
- Trisha Kesar, PhD, Associate Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta
- Mindy Levin, PhD, Professor, McGill University’s School of Medicine & Health Sciences and President of the International Society for Motor Control, Montreal
- Sangheetha Madhavan, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago
- Nick Ward, MD, Professor of Clinical Neurology and Neurorehabilitation at UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology, London
- David Putrino, PhD, Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine, Mount Sinai Icahn School of Medicine, New York
About Motus Nova® LLC
Motus Nova is a leader in neurorehabilitation technology with a mission to deliver high quality neuro-therapeutics in
every home. Motus Nova has revolutionized healthcare by providing direct access to
clinically-proven therapies out of reach for most.
Over the past decade, Motus Nova engineered and patented FDA Class I rehabilitation robots based on the scientific principles of constraint induced movement therapy (CIMT). The Motus Hand and Foot are used in 200 clinics and hospitals across the US and have helped treat over 10,000 individuals with various neurological conditions. The company is spearheading change in the neurorehabilitation industry as a cutting-edge innovator in exergame and telehealth. Motus Nova continues to lead world-class engineering, neuroscience, and technology to deliver high-quality neurorehabilitation into homes in need of care. The Motus Hand and Foot robots are integrated with powerful AI which not only accelerate the treatment of those with physical disabilities, but also provide recovery to those otherwise facing barriers to proper healthcare.